Our Mayde Creek Animal Health Center surgical team is capable of providing safe surgical procedures for your dog or cat.
Mayde Creek Surgery Services
- General Surgery: General (or soft tissue) surgery is associated with the skin and tissue. Soft tissue surgery includes tumor removal, cystotomy, intestinal foreign body removal, splenectomy, C-section, spay/neuter, intestinal obstruction, pyometra and more.
- Orthopedic Surgery: Orthopedic surgery corrects musculoskeletal conditions such as degenerative joint diseases, knee pain, and joint injuries. Traumatic injuries such as broken bones and torn cruciate ligaments can also be repaired with orthopedic surgery.
- Dental Surgery: Dental surgeries include tooth extraction, oral tumor removal, fracture repair, crown amputations, and bonded sealant.
What to Expect Before Surgery
Every pet is carefully screened before the surgery to ensure that they are healthy and a good candidate for surgery. Pre-surgical blood work will be done to determine if it is safe to administer anesthesia. We can also use the test results to develop a pain management technique that is right for your pet and screen for any pre-existing conditions that may impact the surgery or that need to be addressed after the procedure.
What to Expect During Surgery
Our entire staff will ensure that your pet is safe and as comfortable as possible throughout the entire surgery. Your pet’s vital signs will be carefully monitored by a trained technician – pets undergoing surgery will have their blood pressure, heart rate, and blood oxygen levels monitored to keep them safe during the entire process.
What to Expect After Surgery
Your pet’s post-operative pain management plan will include pain medication to reduce discomfort and encourage a speedy recovery. The plan may also include at-home pain medication to keep them as comfortable as possible. Our knowledgeable staff and pet surgeons will walk you through every step and explain everything you need to know for post-surgery care at home.
Pet Surgery in Katy, TX
Learn more about pet surgery at Mayde Creek Animal Health Center by contacting us or calling 281-578-5449.
Explore Our Complete List of Veterinary Services in Katy, Texas
- Osteoarthritis Care
- Pet Emergency
- Pet Health Certificates
- Rabies Quarantine
- Laser Therapy
- Prescription Pet Foods
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Diet & Nutrition
- Kitten Care
- Wellness Care for Senior Cats
- Wellness Care for Cats
- Puppy Care
- Wellness Care for Senior Dogs
- Wellness Care for Dogs
- Spay & Neuter
- Dental Care